Job Opportunity: Program Officer, Writing and Publishing Section
Competition : #3313, #3321 (2 positions)
Status : Temporary full-time until May 1, 2015
Salary Scale : $66,692 to $80,459
Closing date : February 18, 2014
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected national agency with a mandate to promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Writing and Publishing Section, manages programs of assistance for individual artists, arts groups and/or arts organizations and book and magazine publishers and the management of literary prizes according to established policies and procedures; chairs assessments committee meetings contributes to the development of Council policies; provides information services and support to the artistic community; works to ensure access for professional Canadian artists and arts organizations to Council programs and services; anticipates and responds to the development needs of the arts practice; and performs other related duties.
Basic requirements of the position
• An undergraduate degree in contemporary arts practices or arts administration, or equivalent professional practice in the arts
• Five (5) years of experience in the discipline and experience directly related to the principal responsibilities of the position
• An understanding of the interrelationships and complexities of the artistic milieu, including the organizations and institutions in the discipline
• Knowledge of the history and current status of the arts and most notably in the field of contemporary Canadian literature and publishing practices
• General knowledge of the diversity of cultural practices in Canada, including non-Western forms and Aboriginal arts practices
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, team working, problem-solving, analytical, time and priority management, organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to adapt and take on responsibilities related to new programs and services
• Ability to synthesize information, write reports, analyze budgets and understand financial statements
• Ability to facilitate consensus and resolve conflicts
• Ability to chair and manage committees
• This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an advanced level in oral and reading comprehension and an intermediate level in writing.
The incumbent may be required to travels up to 30 days per year and work irregular hours.
This position is located in Ottawa.
How to apply
Send the complete Application forms quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by either:
• email: email@example.com
• fax: 613-566-4323
• mail: P.O. Box 1047, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1L4
For more information or a copy of the job summary please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
Sunday, February 09, 2014
Job Opportunity: Program Officer, Writing and Publishing Section, The Canada Council for the Arts
Posted by rob mclennan at 8:31 AM
Labels: Canada Council, job opportunity
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment