Tuesday, April 07, 2020

real life moves online : virtual readings, poems + an interview or two,

Given the chaos of the world, all the self-isolations have prompted some interesting responses, not only my own 'virtual reading series' over at periodicities: a journal of poetry and poetics. Susan Gillis recently invited me to participate in a series over at her Concrete & River blog for those who have had readings cancelled (I've a poem, "Five poems for rheumatic fever," there + a small write-up on what would have been my Anstruther Press launch), a chapbook I read from on video for Michael Edwards' Red Alder Review, which also included a short interview he conducted. Thanks so much! Oh, and I even did a video as well as part of the 'virtual reading series' (recorded on my fiftieth birthday; can you believe I've been on lock-down for the length and breadth of my fifties-to-date?). Hopefully we'll be able to go outside again, soon, right? I mean, maybe?

No comments: