Monday, November 05, 2007

ongoing notes; notes & more notes


Here's a photo of me in the West Edmonton Mall with David McGimpsey (left) and documentary filmmaker Andrew Bee in 1998 (courtesy of Sean Wilson/the ottawa international writers festival); I don't even want to tell you the rest. Photos forthcoming from my most recent Mall adventures, I swear...

Can you believe that Sina Queyras/lemonhound is up to 1,000 blog entries? Have you seen Edmonton poet Shawna Lemay’s new blog? Australian online mag Jacket has just posted three poems by John Newlove and the afterward by Jeff Derksen from Chaudiere Book’s new John Newlove selected (now available through bookstores and/or directly through me).


The same issue even has a Quebec section, including poems (not necessarily new) by the late Artie Gold, D.G. Jones (I got a letter from him today), Jon Paul Fiorentino, David McGimpsey and Erin Moure.


There’s a new chapbook publisher in Edmonton; looking forward to seeing what she ends up doing with it. Do you see all the stuff I’ve been missing lately in Ottawa, here and here and here? At least there are some other things here in Edmonton to keep me entertained, etcetera, including the Coach House launch this week. Will I see you at the Peter F. Yacht Club event in Edmonton tomorrow night (apparently Gary Geddes is reading around here tomorrow afternoon), or the big Mercury Launch in Toronto a week later (for, among other things, me first novel)?


Or George Bowering reading at the Olive Reading Series a week after that? He'll even have a new chapbook or two, including one from Jenna Butler's Rubicon Press...


And then this guy has been in my Ottawa apartment for over a week...

No comments: