Thursday, August 20, 2026

the banff notebook : , eleven days in may

In case you hadn't caught, I've been posting a series of missives from my time in Banff back in May over at my substack [I know I posted a little tiny at-the-time report on my Banff adventuring, but this is far more substantive], writing on days spent writing and reading, but also hanging out with such as J.R. Carpenter, ryan fitzpatrick, Fred Wah, Daphne Marlatt, Hiromi Goto, Jordan Abel, Adele Barclay, Sharanpal Ruprai, Conor Kerr, Derek Beaulieu, Joshua Whitehead and plenty of others, as I attempted to both be present within that space and group, and push the ends of a novel-in-progress. More posts in the sequence still to come, but catch the posts-so-far: part one, part two, part three, part four, part five, part six and part seven. I also have a new short story posting at the substack later this week, and some cool essays forthcoming. Stay tuned!

No comments: