Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A ‘best of’ list of 2015 Canadian poetry books



Once again I’ve felt the need to put together another “best of” list of Canadian poetry books, which is now online over at the dusie blog (see prior lists here: 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011). Again, this is more of a “worth repeating” than a specific “best of,” it includes links to reviews (and a couple of author profiles) I’ve done for a variety of titles over the past year, including titles by Jake Kennedy, Stuart Ross, Ben Ladouceur, Oana Avasilichioai, Rita Wong, Pete Smith, Aaron Tucker, Pearl Pirie, kevin mcpherson eckhoff, Liz Howard, Eva H.D., Damian Rogers, Dina Del Bucchia and Daniel Zomparelli, Shannon Maguire, Judith Fitzgerald, Phil Hall, Christian Bök, Daniel Scott Tysdal and Colin Browne.



One year I was even able to do a ‘best of’ list of Canadian poetry chapbooks, but I’ve been having a hard time over the past couple of years really getting Canadian chapbook publishers to mail me as much as I’d like to be seeing. Why is it always like pulling teeth?

No comments: