Saturday, September 15, 2007

a poem & some upcoming Edmonton readings



after having spent so much time indoors


the space is bigger, after all; the office
where I spend & make my,

daily

a wall of thistles speckled flat

marked mid along the grain; canola
yellow talking soft

tween cellphones

every morning skip of soft white pages
slip between departments

Apparently I've got three upcoming readings in Edmonton, the first being on Friday, September 21 at 10pm, doing a 10-minute set as part of The Roar: Spoken Word Festival. It happens at AXIS Cafe, 10349 - Jasper Ave. After that, I'm doing a longer set a week later, Thursday, September 27 at 7:30pm at Audrey's Books, 10702 Jasper Ave NW, ph# (780) 423-3487. I'll be reading with Ottawa writer Chrisitian McPherson, touring around with his first collection of short fiction. After that, I'll be doing a reading in the English Department on Wednesday, October 3 at 3:30pm (venue tba) with U of A's writer-in-exile Jalal Barzanji. Will I see you at any of those events?

No comments: