Sunday, September 16, 2007

ongoing (further) notes - mid-September, 2007

A lot going on (I can barely keep track); the second Edmonton Poetry Festival is about to start, Ariel Gordon just told me about the new THIN AIR blog (the official blog of the Winnipeg International Writers Festival); literary entertainer Nathaniel G. Moore has just re-started his Critical Crushes ('bout time); just saw the most amazing interviews with Christian Bok (here) and Nicole Brossard (here); did you know she's reading in Calgary soon? you can find more cool links at the ditch: the poetry that matters site...

In other news, Hammered Out (a reading series/journal in Hamilton, Ontario) has a blog; as does the further south reading series Grey Borders in St. Catharines; and did you know that Nobel Laureate Derek Walcott is set to read in Edmonton soon? Apparently he's just down in Calgary...

I hate reading about stuff that I'm missing (and here and here and here and here and here; okay, not really; would rather read it than not); and don't forget I'm home (Ottawa) in October for the ottawa international writers festival (at least, for the second half, where we (Chaudiere) launch the new John Newlove selected poems) and for the ottawa small press book fair; author Garry Thomas Morse [see my review of his book here] has a website now; and have you been reading them interesting posts by American poet Rachel Loden?

apparently this is the last chance you have to sign up for the slam poetry course presented through the Ottawa School of Speech and Drama; Mondays, 7:00 to 9:00pm, September 24 to December 3, 2007. Course fee: $285.00 + g.s.t.

I would tell you more, but I've been sitting in my office working since around 10am, and have barely seen the outside...

No comments: